- Open Barisan Nasional direct to membership by individuals. Do away with membership by parties.
Recall my five proposals for the reform of UMNO (plus term limits)
- The president, deputy president, vice presidents and members of the supreme council to be elected directly. This ends the delegate system.
- State party chiefs to be elected by the membership at state level, not appointed by the president.
- The nomination quotas to be abolished.
- Parliamentary candidates to be nominated by their Divisions, not by the party president.
- Separate party politics from the responsibilities of government
- Set the term limits. 3 terms for the President. 2 terms for state leadership. [more]