e- papers

We Have moved . . . .

Go to   >    >  >> new Site     

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A former "brain drain" serving Selangor Government.

Selasa, 23 Disember 2008 | SuaraKeAdilan

Selangor Menteri Besar Khalid Ibrahim has named Othman Omar as the new general manager of the Selangor Development Corporation (PKNS).

The 49-year old Othman is due to succeed acting general manager Low Siew Moi from Feb 1 next year.

Othman was picked from a long list of candidates, including ultra-Malays who had offered themselves for the post in protest of Low’s appointment.

However he does not believe his ethnicity was the primary consideration for his selection.

“I’m sure the selection was based on merit,” Othman told reporters.

“And I also believe with the experience I’ve got, I could make a difference where I could help transform PKNS to improve. Because I can and I think I can. I think that’s my responsibility,” he added.

Othman has 25 years of experience in the construction and property industry and has worked overseas in Australia and the United Kingdom.

Meanwhile, Low who was also present, said the controversy surrounding her appointment has been resolved and the six staff bodies of PKNS have issued an apology to Khalid.

PKNS staff had protested her appointment, replacing outgoing general manager Harun Salim, on the grounds of her Chinese ethnicity.

A 57-year old a trained accountant, Low has served PKNS for 35 years. She said she would remain as deputy general manager of finance when Othman took over next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment